AIIB 3-Bowl Pairs Finals
- Feb 27, 2019 23:33
- 0 Comments
The Finals Day of the AIIB 3 Bowl Pairs competition will take place in County Antrim IBC on Saturday 2nd March 2019 commencing at 9.30am.
All players are asked to report for 9am to ensure the competition runs smoothly. The dress for the event will be WHITES.
- Top 16 pairs qualify. (5 Belfast; 6 Ballybrakes; 5 County Antrim)
- Finals day 4 Groups of 4 played in a round robin.
- Top 2 from each group will qualify for the Quarter Finals. Competition will be knock from Quarter-finals onwards
- In the group stage, 3 points will be awarded for a win with 1 point for a draw and 0 points for a defeat.
- In the event of two teams finishing on equal points, shots difference and then shots scored will decide the placings.
- In the event that shots scored are equal, the result of the game between the tied teams will decide placings, if this still does not separate the teams a one end playoff will be played to decide final placings.
- Games will be 1 hour 15 minutes long. Bell will ring to signal the last end no further ends shall be played. Semi-Final and Final shall be 1 hour 45 minutes long.
- Trial ends only in first run of matches at 9.30am. Any players not on the green on time shall forfeit their trial ends.
- Jacks to be re-spotted as per BIIBC rules.
Round 1 – 9.30am – 11.00am
Round 2 – 11.05am – 12.20pm
LUNCH – 12.20pm – 1.00pm
Round 3 – 1.00pm – 2.15pm
Quarter Final – 2.25pm – 3.40pm
Semi Final – 3.50pm – 5.35pm
Final – 5.45pm – 7.30pm
The groups are as follows:
G McCloy (BCIBC)
A Duncan (CAIBC)
J Hodges (CAIBC)
A Davidson (BCIBC)
I McClure (BCIBC)
S Trainor (BIBC)
S Kirkwood (BIBC)
M McCullagh (BCIBC)
A Kyle (CAIBC)
J Martin (BCIBC)
A McKeown (CAIBC)
M Merritt (BIBC)
S Bennett (BIBC)
T Steele (BCIBC)
R Battersby (BIBC)
S Coleman (CAIBC)
It is also reminded that a Night at the Races to support the AIIB International Teams will follow the conclusion of the pairs, with all players encouraged to support the event.